When life gets hard and its difficult to know what to do next friends might sympathise but are unsure how to help. These are the times it can be useful to get another perspective. Whether you know what the issues are you want to discuss or are just aware of things being more difficult, we can help provide a different way of viewing the situation. You can be assured that what we say has backing from psychological research. A good way of thinking about psychological consultations is as a tune up for the mind just as visiting the gym regularly tunes up the body.
Click on any of the issues below to find out more information about how we work:
How does it work?
Consultations – initial meetings
- Find time to come in and see us
- Have a full discussion about what particular issues have brought you in to make an appointment and a sense of how these issues fit in to your life context (for example, is this a repeating pattern?)
- You and your psychologist talk about how each of you understand the issue and start developing an action plan for you to start making the first steps towards changing
Consultations – Follow-up meetings
- Review your progress, values and goals
- Learn more about identifying patterns and managing in specific situations
- Overcome challenges you come up against
- Discuss/implement new ideas
To make an appointment:
For fastest handling of your query, book now through our contact form and we will respond within one working day. We look forward to working with you!