- A site for “Mindfulness: finding peace in a frantic world” including free meditations you can download. My favourite is the chocolate meditation.
- A UK site that has a program and an app (headspace) and the first 10 mindfulness exercises are free
- Helpful podcasts on meditation and relaxation can be found at Computer assisted learning for the mind (CALM). Go to the “guided meditations” part of the page.
- Two clinicians in Auckland providing 8 week courses based in Epsom on mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR)
MP3s and CDs
- Russ Harris – it costs $10 to download but its worth it
- Jon Kabat Zinn – the pioneer of mindfulness for clinical populations (originally back pain). Has a good book (with a CD at the back with mindfulness tracks) called “The mindful way through depression.”
Apps to try
- Smiling Mind
- The sleep school (if you have trouble sleeping this app approaches insomnia from an acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) standpoint)… I recommend this highly from personal experience.